Located in the west of Cambodia, Mondulkiri Province is endowed with the exotic beauty of primeval jungles, green hills and majestic waterfalls. It is considered as a new paradise of adventure tourism in Cambodia with a variety of interesting experiences. Now let’s discover top destinations and things to do in Mondulkiri with this article!
1. Boo Sra WaterfallLying in the Pich Chinda District, 43km from the town, Boo Sra is the most beautiful waterfall in Mondulkiri. It is divided into 3 main segments of which the third one is the most dangerous because of the torrent, forest and wild animals.
|Boo Sra Waterfall - a masterpiece of Cambodian nature|
2. Sen Monorum Waterfall5km from Sen Monorum Town, this waterfall is really a tourist attraction of Mondulkiri Province. To come here, travelers must pass a road lined with vast forests of rubber, coffee, cashew… In contrast with the peace and quiet of Sen Monorum Town, the waterfall brings tourists totally different feelings with the majestic beauty.
|Sen Monorum Waterfall - The paradise of adventure tourism in Mondulkiri|
If backpackers visit Sen Monorum on the occasion of festivals, they will have the opportunity to join unique cultural rituals.
3. Rum Near WaterfallThis is a new destination of Mondulkiri in Cambodia, 12km from the central area of the town. The waterfall possessing both the poetic beauty and a little mysteriousness attracts a lot of tourists to explore.
|Rum Near Waterfall boasts its majesty amidst nature|
Just come to Rum Near Waterfall and enjoy the majesty of natural landscapes, you will escape from your daily life with hectic schedules.
4. Mondulkiri pine forestAnother destination chosen by many tourists in Mondulkiri is the poetic pine forest. Despite being a wilderness (6km from Sen Monorum Town), this place still leaves unforgettable impressions on tourists. This pine forest lies on a hill covered by a green color of pine trees, especially old trees.
|The charming beauty of Mondulkiri pine forest|
5. Phnom Prich Wildlife SanctuaryPhnom Prich Wildlife Sanctuary is a quite famous tourist spot in Mondulkiri with the area of 225,000 hectares. It is regarded as a conservation area of wild animals including endangered species. Among them, Asian elephant is the kind of animals carefully protected with the largest number of elephants in the east of Cambodia.
|Asian elephants are protected in Phnom Prich Wildlife Sanctuary|
Gorgeous, quiet but full of interesting things, Mondulkiri should be a must-see place in your journey to the country of temples. Let’s go now and have fun!