When it comes to Thailand, one thing we shouldn't miss is magnificent, large-scale and sacred Buddhism temples. With over 90% of the population following Buddhism, this country has more than 30.000 temples built. Now we will visit 5 most sacred Buddhism temples in Thailand to know why this country is dubbed "The land of golden temples". Visit 5 most well-known Buddhist temples in Thailand.
Top Thailand tours:
1. Wat Traimit (Temple of Golden Buddha)Located on Yaowarat Road, Samphanthawong District, Bangkok, Wat Traimit always comes first on the list of the most sacred Buddhism temples in Thailand.
|Wat Traimit - The most sacred Buddhism temple in Thailand|
2. Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of Emerald Buddha)Situated in the Grand Palace, Bangkok, Wat Phra Kaew is mentioned as one of the most well-known Buddhism temples in Thailand. With the total area of 945000m2, this is the only temple having no monks.
|Wat Phra Kaew - The temple of national treasures in Thailand|
3. Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)Lying on the west bank of Chao Phraya River, Wat Arun is symbolic of Thai tourism. One of the most outstanding features of the temple is the reflection of first light in the morning with pearly iridescence.
|Wat Arun - The temple of dawn attracts visitors by its splendid beauty|
4. Wat Phra MahathatLocated in Nakhon Si Thammarat city, this temple was built in the 14th century. Wat Phra Mahathat is the Buddhism center serving Buddhists in the South of Thailand.
|The ancient beauty of Wat Phra Mahathat evokes travelers' curiosity|
5. Wat Yannawa (Boat Temple)If you are enthralled by unique architectures, don't forget to visit Wat Yannawa in Bangkok. This temple leaves a strong impression because of its shape like a boat. Most of the distinctive features of the complex are the viharn built in the shape of a Chinese junk vessel in the 19th century.
|The unique mixture of Chinese and Thai architecture shown in Wat Yannawa|
Compared to the number of over 30.000 temples throughout the country, 5 above structures seem to be only a tiny part. But trust me! They are destinations deserved to discover. The spiritual space will help you remove the feeling of tiredness. If you have the chance to visit Thailand, don't miss these famous temples I have suggested.