Chiang Mai tour : http://www.indochinatravelpackages.com/thailand-tours/chiang-mai-northern-way-of-life/
Chiang Mai - The rose of the North in Thailand. Unlike the bustling Bangkok or Pattaya, it attracts visitors by the peace and quiet. If you are planning a trip to this beautiful city, don't miss this article since I will suggest 5 interesting destinations in Chiang Mai to you.
1. Wat Phra That Doi SuthepThis is the most sacred wat of Chiang Mai with 600 years of age. It lies on the hillside of Doi Suthep, 16km far away from the center of Chiang Mai. It might take tourists more than 5 hours to conquer the narrow path leading to the wat.
|The magnificence of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep in Chiang Mai|
2. Doi Inthanon National Park100km far away from Chiang Mai, Doi Inthanon National Park is home to many natural wonders which cannot be missed. Splendid? Majestic? Poetic? Peaceful? Bustling and colorful? Is there anywhere bringing to you a lot of feelings at the same time? The answer is "yes". Coming to Doi Inthanon, you can completely experience all of these tones of feelings. The wild beauty of nature (waterfalls, terraces and flowers) blending with antique structures (stupas) makes this national park so appealing. You will feel the wonderful harmony of nature and humans in here...
|The impressive beauty of Doi Inthanon National Park|
3. Chiang Mai Night Bazaar"Not coming to Night Bazaar is considered not visiting Chiang Mai" - That's enough for you to understand how famous it is. This bazaar displays a lot of handicraft goods and handmade items of Chiang Mai and northern provinces of Thailand.
|The hustle and bustle of Chiang Mai Night Bazaar|
4. Bo Sang Umbrella VillageSituated 9km east of Chiang Mai, Bo Sang used to be a part of the ancient Lanna kingdom with nice temples, rice paddies and especially handmade umbrellas. If tourists come to Bo Sang at the third week of January every year, they can join Bo Sang Umbrella Festival - one of the most renowned festivals in Thailand. No doubt a large number of colorful umbrellas made by hand leave a deep mark in tourists' mind.
|Bo Sang Umbrella Villages is covered with thousands of colorful umbrellas made by hand|
5. Mae Sa Elephant CampLocated 30km north of the central area, Mae Sa Elephant Camp is surrounded by lush forests in a picturesque valley. This site is home to over 70 tamed elephants with mahouts. Coming here, travelers will have the opportunity to ride elephants around the camp and learn about the life of this lovely animal.
|Try riding elephants in Mae Sa Elephant Camp|
Majestic beauty spots and long history and culture make Chiang Mai totally different from other destinations in Thailand. If you would like to have an unforgettable trip in this beautiful country, don't miss Chiang Mai with loads of interesting things.