When the cold winds start blowing, visitors begin going to hot mineral water springs. Bathing in hot mineral water not only helps us to relax but also help to restore health, cure some skin diseases, joints and heart. Following are addresses of the seven hot mineral bathing sites in the North of Vietnam.
1. Quang Hanh hot spring - Quang NinhOne of the first hot springs we should mention is Quang Hanh hot spring. This hot spring is located in Quang Hanh Ward, Cam Pha City, Quang Ninh, about 10km from Ha Long City center. This is one of the 7 famous hot springs in the North of Vietnam.
Quang Hanh hot spring is the familiar destination of people in the two cities. Located on the tourist route from Ha Long to Van Don, Mong Cai, Quang Hanh hot spring is also a favorite stop for many travelers. You can choose to have a both in your own room or in the shared hot mineral pool. Although it is cold, you do not feel trembling, breezing when being immersed in Quang Hanh hot mineral stream.
According to scientists, the hot mineral water in Quang Hanh hot spring not only helps to relax, restore the health of the body, prevent some diseases related to skin and bone but is also good for health. Unlike some hot mineral springs which are drilled at depths of hundreds of meters in some other places, Quang Hanh hot spring is a hot mineral source rising up into streams on the ground.
2. Tien Lang Hot Spring - Hai PhongLocated 18 km from Hai Phong city center to the south, Tien Lang hot mineral spring has long been familiar with Hai Phong people and both domestic and international tourists. The Hot mineral water here is considered as one of the 5 most valuable mineral water mines in Vietnam and categorized as the same type of mineral water in Russia, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, and France. Raised from the depth of 850m underground, Tien Lang hot mineral water gives visitors the feeling of enjoyment. You can enjoy other services here such as mud bath, massage, herbal steam.
3. Kim Boi Hot Spring - Hoa BinhKim Boi natural hot mineral springs are located in Mo Da village, Ha Bi commune, Kim Boi district, Hoa Binh province, 70 km from Hanoi. Among the hot springs in Vietnam, this is the mineral spring with the lowest temperature, from 34 to 36ºC. The water is not hot enough to form vapor on the water, but the temperature and mineral content here are enough for the healing, relaxing skin. After bathing, you can enjoy the food of local people such as piglet, sour chicken soup with bamboo shoots, rice cooked inside the bamboo tubes, mountain goats, fish caught in the streams ... You can also go sightseeing in nearby tourist attractions such as Mai Chau, Hoa Binh waterfall.
It is ideal that in the winter and spring, are can bath in a natural hot mineral water pool, if you have been bathed in Kim Boi, you will feel the warmth of the mineral water here. This site enchants visitors with the calm and fresh air, friendly and hospitable people, and especially the festivals of Muong ethnic held on every Saturday evening. This is a very interesting place, is an ideal place to getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city at the weekend.
4. Thanh Thuy hot mineral spring - Phu ThoLocated in La Phu, Thanh Thuy district, Phu Tho province, 65 km northwest of Hanoi, Thanh Thuy hot spring is the ideal place to relax at weekend regardless in the summer or winter.
Discovered about 25 years ago, Thanh Thuy hot mineral water mine was formed and mobilized under deep-seated gourd holes forming the hot sulfur mineral water along the Da river with an area of over 1 km². The average temperature of water in the hot mineral spring is from 37oC to 43oC, the total reserve is 19,710,000 m3.
Thanks to many micronutrients, Thanh Thuy mineral spring has the ability to restore health, circulate the blood, and is beneficial for the heart. In summer, the water is processed through the radiator so that the water’s temperature is about 27 degrees Celsius. In winter, the natural water is warm enough.
Only in recent years, the potential of Thanh Thuy hot spring has really been exploited and seen as the strength of eco-tourism resort of Thanh Thuy district. If you live in Hanoi, you can just go to Thanh Thuy to enjoy the comfort of winter here and return within a day.
5. My Lam Hot Spring - Tuyen QuangSituated in the mountains of Yen Son forest, 15 km from Tuyen Quang town along Highway 37, My Lam mineral spring is one of the ideal resort and medication destinations for visitors from everywhere. The mineral stream in My Lam is very clear and above 60 degrees Celsius, which is taken directly from the underground water circuit of over 150 m deep. With high sulfur hydro content, My Lam mineral spring is also called "sulfide mineral spring". This is considered to be one of the few good mineral water mines in the North. In addition to cheap price, visitors here are attracted by quiet, charming natural scenery and gentle, hospitable people.
These days, when the weather is quite cold, are the ideal time for the trip soaking in the hot mineral water that the Creator generously granted this land.
This source of underground water was discovered by French geologist C. Madrolle in 1923, with a temperature of up to 67 ° C. There is a water circuit at the depth of over 150m, so water My Lam mineral spring is very clear.
After bathing, visitors should not miss the opportunity to enjoy the tube of rice cooked by the local people together with the fragrant, salty flavor of black sesame. Rice cooked inside bamboo tubes in My Lam has become a specialty that attracts tourists not only due to the fragility of glutinous rice but also the unique processing method.
6. Ban Moong hot spring - Son LaThe hot spring in Moong village, Hua La commune, Son La city is an interesting stop. About 7 km away from the city center, Moong village attracts domestic and international visitors with the mineral spring of 36 - 38 degrees, which is good for health. Compared with other hot mineral springs, Moong village has houses on stilts with typical Thai ethnic culture. After a few minutes of enjoyment in the mineral spring, Northwest cuisine will be the “goodbye” of Moong village before visitors leave this land.
7. Kenh Ga hot spring - Ninh BinhKenh Ga hot spring is in Kenh Ga village, Gia Thinh commune, Gia Vien district, nearly 20 km from Ninh Binh city. To get to this hot spring, you have to sail through the branches of Hoang Long River into the village of Kenh Ga. Hot water here flows from Hang Ca Mountain and has a stable temperature of 53 ºC. The water in the stream is colorless, odorless, slightly salty and contains high levels of minerals. Kenh Ga hot spring is nominated to be listed in Top 5 most attractive hot springs in Vietnam by Vietnam Records Book Centre.
Tags: Indochina travel, Vietnam travel packages