Coming to Dien Bien, you are not only attracted by historical sites but also irresistible tourist attractions. Dien Bien has not only relics associated with the glorious history of our nation, the places below will satisfy the most demanding tourists. They are the vast fields, rugged passes and even mysterious caves.
1. Muong Thanh fieldIn the rice season, Muong Thanh field is full of vitality, and is as beautiful as a drawing with a light green color spreading to the horizon or yellow in the sun when the rice is ripe. With an area of 4,000 hectares spreading across Dien Bien Phu, Muong Thanh is considered the largest field in the Northwest, becoming a granary for Dien Bien Province. Many visitors love to come here at the end of September, when the rice season is ripe by the view from above, Muong Thanh field is like a golden valley with aromatic rice in the air.
|Muong Thanh Terraced fields|
2. Pha Din passLocated on National Highway 6 (from Hanoi to Dien Bien), Pha Din the pass is considered to be the border between Son La and Dien Bien provinces, which is called the "the forth greatest pass" of the North West with a length of 32 km. This is also one of the most dangerous routes in Vietnam. Pha Din, in the local dialect, means heaven and earth, implying that this place is an adjoining land between the heaven and the earth.
|Pha Din Pass|
Located at an altitude of over 1200 meters above sea level, the road crossing the pass include steep slope in one side and deep abyss in the other one. Conquering Pha Din Pass is an impressive journey that gives visitors an enjoyable experience, especially for those who want to explore the wild and majestic nature.
Crossing the small road, visitors will see that in the middle of the entrance to the cave, there is a huge rock like the head of the elephant hanging down. The cave has nine large arches with a lot of stalactites bearing lively shapes and fanciful colors. The walls are the emulsion as large iridescent waterfalls flowing. From the gate, zooming out, visitors will admire the landscape of wild nature, enjoy the fresh air and quiet space. The cave was recognized as a national monument in 2009.
3. Pa Thom caveLocated about 30 km from the center of Dien Bien Phu city, Pa Thom cave is located in the middle of the mountain, famous as a beautiful cave, and is known locally as "the cave of flower fairies", with legends, myths about true love.
|Pa Thom Cave|
4. Xa Nhe CaveConsidered as one of the most beautiful caves in Dien Bien, Xa Nhe Cave has mysterious beauty, visitors coming here are as being lost in an interesting pristine place. With a length of 700 meters, the cave consists of five large and small compartments, on the domes are dazzling blocks with glittering lines which are sometimes soft and sometimes as flexible as the waterfalls. Each stalactite block is flowing with countless glittering particles. On the ground of the cave, there are “forests” of stalactites of strange shapes that attract visitors.
|Xa Nhe Cave|
5. A Pa Chai border markAs one of the most remote mountainous areas in the northwestern part of the country, A Pa Chai has border demarcation line of Vietnam, Laos and China, where one rooster crows and three countries can hear.
|A Pa Chai Border mark|
6. Hua Pe Hot SpringHua Pe hot mineral spring is located in Thanh Luong commune, Dien Bien district, 5 km northwest of Dien Bien Phu city. There is a large mineral water with a regular temperature of about 60°C, next to this, it is Pe Luong artificial lake which is year-round windswept, forming Dien Bien ecological hot mineral spa, one of the most attractive ecotourism destination with services such as convalescence and medical treatment that increasingly attract visitors near and far.
|Hua Pe Hot Spring|
7. Pa Khoang LakePang Khoang lake is located in the territory of Muong Phang Commune, Dien Bien District, Dien Bien Province, about 20km from Dien Bien Phu City, adjacent to National Highway 279, connecting Dien Bien Phu City with the headquarter of Dien Bien Phu- Muong Phang Campaign formerly.
|Ba Khoang Lake|
8. Muong Phang Cherry Blossom GardenMany domestic and international visitors arriving in Dien Bien know that Muong Phang was the headquarter of the Vietnamese military during Dien Bien Phu campaign. However, not many people know that, on an island in the middle of the lake of Pa Khoang, Muong Phang commune, there is a flower garden of cherry blossom, marking the friendship between the two nations Vietnam - Japan.
|Muong Phang cherry Blossom Garden|
From a wilderness area that was formerly a cattle grazing area, this place has formed a flower forest with hundreds of specimens, there are flower varieties of Dalat as well as of other regions. However, the most prominent ones are the thousands of cherry blossoms of 20 varieties, including original and hybrid species. The older the trees are, the more flowers they have.
Among the wild and majestic mountains of the Northwest, the island of cherry flowers on the land of Muong Phang not only fascinate Vietnamese people, even Japanese tourists are stunned, dazed by the beauty of their country’s flower. When the cherry blossom blooms, travelers in the plain flock to Muong Phang, admire the cherry blossom, drop their soul to the romantic and poetic scenery and enjoy moments of peace and close to the nature.
In the fresh, calm space of the early morning, you can freely wander around the island, watch the dew drops of glitter which are still on the leaves, listen to the birds singing and welcome the sparkling sunshine shining everywhere. It would be beautiful moments that you will forever remember in the years of your life. Then years later, you will feel proud and never regret the pace of discovery years whenever you revise your trip.
Dien Bien is a painting drawn by the nature that we can not ignore. Coming to Dien Bien is coming to nature, is coming back to visit a historical region. Perhaps, in the journey to Dien Bien, we should bring a pen and paper to record the heroic history of the nation and then share those experiences with those who have not arrived yet.
Tags: Vietnam travel, Indochina Visa Guides